Monday, May 23, 2011

Living it Up


I've been on a kick lately of trying to cram in as much 2-person family living as we can. For example:

Saturday night Sam and I went on a spontaneous date to see "Thor" and restaurant hop for dinner and dessert. . .because we can.

We've stayed up late talking and laughing the last several nights. . . because we can.

This summer we have plans to camp down at Arches National Park, visit St. George again and see another show at Tuacahn, go to a Braves game with his family and a beach trip with mine while we're back in the south, and spend a romantic weekend at Sundance for our anniversary. . . all because we can.

Not to say that having children will eliminate fun and freedom for us, it will just make things more complicated (especially while they're young). I'm fine with that. I'm thrilled to do these kinds of fun things as a family and to raise our children, but I have to say I'll be sad to see these days of just "us" go. When our precious little baby arrives and steals our hearts and lives, I want to look back and say, "yeah, we really lived it up." And then we can live up our family of 3, then 4, and so on.

P.S. I've had very vivid dreams about both a baby boy and girl, and in my dreams I loved each of them like crazy. I'm so anxious to know which it will be.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, that's SO smart. We tried to cram in the 2-person stuff too, but only for the month and a half before Iris was born. I wish we'd basked in it a little sooner! Having a baby is perfect and wonderful, but it's good to enjoy the last few months before to the max as well =) Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete