Friday, May 24, 2013

A Good Year

Well, here we are in 2013. We've got big news! But to start, here's a recap of the year so far:

In January I certified as a Zumba Instructor! We headed out to Hilton Head, South Carolina for the weekend where I spent a loooooong, but amazing day of training.

The amazing Loretta Bates
Official!
(Meanwhile, the rest of the family played on the beach.)
Since February I've been teaching free classes at the church every week and subbing at lots of gyms...and hoping for a full-time gig in the summer.

Teaching at World Gym (sorry the picture is so blurry)
 With the amazing Kareen (aka Zumba Queen of Fayette County)
And finally.....WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! Months of hunting and a nightmare of a process when we finally did find "the one", but as of today it's OURS! Inside "before" pictures to come. We still have some renovation projects to do before move-in, but that's the fun part. :)

Some other exciting things:
Family fun at the Valentine's Dance
Wouldn't be complete without some Latin dance!
We went to our first Hawks game
Fun in Senoia (this photo was not husband-approved)...
We were all rather sick for two weeks with stomach flus, respiratory illness, and croup
We got better, and in April we ran the Warrior Dash and got a wee bit dirty
 
I turned 26!
I've been working from home doing social media and online marketing for my Mom's newly-released book. Speaking of which, EVERYONE GO BUY IT NOW! :)
 And ooooooh, this crazy girl,
 this crazy, crazy girl...
She is talking up a storm, constantly running around with her puppy (a gift from Grandma and Grandpa), and getting VERY willful.
Her first day going to nursery. She was very excited.
She was actually getting her first ear infection, little did we know.
She is so smart, so funny, so strong, so creative.
 
 We love her to the moon.
Once again, May has proven to be a month of good things. Looking forward to a delicious Georgia summer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness YAY!! Congratulations on the house!! It is SO cute! Cannot WAIT to see interior pictures :) And those pictures of Alexis with her puppy...I almost died. Pretty sure it's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for houses! Congratulations. What fabulous news. Also, lets meet at the temple sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samuel and Heather! Great pictures! I'm Heather and I was hoping you could answer my quick question regarding your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete