Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Best Day of My Life

Two years ago today I married the love of my life. We were just two crazy BYU freshman from Georgia who had to travel 2,000 miles from home to fall in love. Then one mission/two years of college, (and a very quick engagement) later, we were sealed together forever.

I remember it being very overcast and windy that day because we were experiencing the outer bands of a Hurricane over the Atlantic coast, but even that couldn't spoil my happiness. I remember picking up my gorgeous peach and coral flowers on the way to the Atlanta Temple, and how I felt seeing Sam just before the ceremony, thinking how amazing that this was really happening.

I remember my fabulous dress that made me feel like a real bride the second I first tried it on. I had looked at a few others, but had a gut feeling that this dress I had been eyeing for years was the one for me. (I found my groom the same way.) I loved feeling so beautiful for him.

I remember our beautiful late-summer reception lit up with all the lanterns that I had picked, and dancing with my new husband.

After mingling, more dancing, (and not eating nearly enough of the great food), we left amid gold sparklers for our Honeymoon and a relaxing cruise in the Bahamas.

Most importantly, I remember my wedding day that I had spent my life dreaming about came and went in such a blur like everyone says it does, because it's really not about the details, (nor does it matter that not everything goes perfectly,) it's about starting of a fabulous new life with your best friend. It's been a great two years and I can't wait for many more.

Happy Anniversary, Samuel!

We're still here in Georgia and have a few more days before leaving for our road trip to Utah with our new car. I'm so grateful we've had this time to relax here and at the beach. I'll give you the summary when we get back!

1 comment: