Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet Southern Comfort

We're finally back from our much-needed 2 week vacation! We flew out to Georgia and were quickly overwhelmed by the humidity. I really don't remember it ever being so bad. The night we got in was Amy Galli and Ryan Turner's Reception and I was so glad I could make it! They looked so happy.

Stephanie, Amy, and I.

We ate Zaxby's! I get it twice a year and I'm always excited.

Sam relaxed and caught up with old friend Meep.

Then we got to the beach! Check out that view!

And that one!...

...and that one! Notice the nice hot tub, which was frequented only by us.

The boys got right to puzzling.

And Sam bonded with new friend Ethan.

Here was Ethan's play pool,

but he seemed to prefer lounging safely away from the sand and salt water.

Oh, and I found a hermit crab.
And my sweetie looked dang good on the beach.

Sam bonded with his nephew even more and taught him about shapes.

We ate some really good seafood,

and saw a guy order the restaurant's burger challenge: the Jetty Giant.

I love Destin Harbor.

The boys feeding the fish.

Ethan with his momma,

and his auntie.

We went to this water park - Big Kahuna's,

and got up early to watch the sunset on the last day.

No dolphins out for their morning promenade, though. A beach trip first.

When we got back to Georgia, we had anniversary cake.

Happy 2 years to us!

Then we packed up our new car - the Mazda Protege - and drove back to Utah. I was too busy driving or sleeping during those two 13-15 hour days to take pictures, but they looked a lot like this:

(Photos courtesy of my last trips to and from Utah in 2007 and 2008.)

It was a wonderful trip, but boy does it feel good to be home! I'm refreshed, more freckled, and ready for all that fall has in store.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I remember that drive. And you did it in two days? It took us three. And thanks for posting those pictures of Amy! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Big Kahuna's!! How I love that happy little place!! SO glad I got to talk to you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - Yes, 2 days! Never again, lol! It is a beautiful drive, though, isn't it?
    Katie - I thought of you while we were there! I loved seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete