Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I miss my car

I realized today, while driving the Protege, that I really miss the Miata. I'm so grateful to have a bigger and newer car so we can actually fit groceries, luggage, and ourselves - it's just not as much fun. I find myself thinking, while making a fast U-turn, trying to accelerate quickly, or squeeze into a small parking space, "the Miata could do that."

Thank goodness the Miata is just around the corner in Ross' dorm in Helaman if I ever want to take it for a spin. Right, Ross?

4 comments:

  1. In choosing a car, you should consider the size of your family. Since you have a growing family, a bigger and more spacious car is what you will need. By the way, what’s your new car now?

    -Dewey Setlak

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miata is so cool! It’s a convertible, right? When I got married, I had to give up my Audi and I bought an SUV instead. Having a family entails a little sacrifice for the benefit of all.

    -Nettie Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nettie, you have to make sacrifices once in a while. You’re not really giving up on having a car, you’re just changing your car into something big enough to fit your things and your whole family. I can’t wait to see your new car!

    -Bryan Meeks

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I got married and had my first born, we also decided to buy a family car, preferably something spacious and comfy enough for our things and for the baby. But I never had to sell nor give away my sports car. I still have it in our garage and drive it once in a while. Always choose to do what’s best for your family.

    -Ivo Beutler

    ReplyDelete