Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tender Mercies

Yesterday and part of last week I was dealing with a huge design project that had lots of pitfalls and was basically falling apart in my lap - just one of those "The Devil Wears Prada"- type work days. I held back tears at one point thinking how my boss had potentially lost trust in me and over-worrying about my position and my abilities. But then I left work, and as I drove on my way to the store I felt the cool fall air on my face and listened to a Christian Rock station. A song came on about pressing on and enduring because there are good things that wait for those who have faith. I was reminded that my Heavenly Father, who is God over all the earth including my job, is completely aware of me, knows my full potential, and that this one job is just a blip in my life and eternal progression. On the drive home from the store, the sky was pastel blue and neon pink against the mountains, an evening fog was gathering in the valley, and it was breathtakingly beautiful. That feeling of gratitude carried me through the crazy traffic and grocery trip all the way until I could finally be home at 7pm. It didn't erase the need for me to run errands after a stressful workday, but I felt so peaceful and empowered as I continued on, albeit tired, to do it. 
 
Just the other night, Sam and I were lamenting the long and arduous process of finishing school, both what it took for me, and what he has ahead with Medical School and just feeling very inadequate. He had been doing a lot of homework over the weekend and spent nearly 12 hours on campus yesterday just going to classes, taking two tests, and finishing a paper, and he really didn't know when he would have time to do the studying he needed for an upcoming genetics test. After prayers of faith, sure enough, today he took that test and he got a 96! It really is a huge blessing considering how little time he was able to put into it with all the other work he was doing, but I know it was because the Lord is watching out for us. Even when things get tough, so very tough, he will always consecrate our efforts and bless us even beyond what we can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment