Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Shot My Eye Out (Metaphorically)

Do you ever have days in work, motherhood, or what have you when you feel like you can't do anything right? And you feel a little like this guy?


Today at work, and the last few days, actually, I've felt a little too much like this. You want something bad enough without realizing that it might be just what beats you down. Thankfully no one was shouting, "you'll shoot your eye out!" when I was working to earn the bb gun, but at times I can't help feeling like I'm in shock, suddenly sitting in the snow with a pair of cracked eye glasses and the knowledge that I did, in fact, shoot my eye out. I know, pity party much? It's really not as dramatic as all that, I just doubt my abilities and my potential at times.

On that note, I'd like to take this opportunity that I've been saving up to brag about my adorable and amazing husband and how much I love him. Walking into his arms at the end of a long day would make any job worth it. Not only that, but he has the uncanny ability to brighten my day and build my spirits to where I've almost forgotten anything unpleasant that happened before coming home to him. He helped me make dinner tonight then snuggled with me for over an hour until The Office was over. He's now at the church playing basketball and I miss him. Very soon we'll be able to spend 2 whole weeks together!

On another side note, we have a decorated apartment. Not pictured are colored lights around the entertainment center, a wreath, another silvery wreath outside and two faux poinsettias. This also makes me very happy to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment