Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Official Day of Giving Thanks

And now, the fourth and final installment of my gratitude list:

76. To be back in Georgia!!! As if I wasn't already thankful to be leaving Utah for a few days, we got a taste of early winter Tuesday and early Wednesday with temps in the low teens. 
77. ...but it was nice to sit at home together watching a movie, cuddling, and drinking hot chocolate.
78. I'm also thankful that we made it to the airport yesterday in one piece. The storm had passed, but there was still a lot of ice and some packed snow on the belt route. It was definitely a blessing that we had no serious problems.
79. That security at the airport was a breeze. No body scanners, no protests, and no big deal.
80. Direct flights. I haven't been on one in years.
81. That the new Disney movie Tangled was not only not as disappointing as I was expecting, it was great! Jazzed up a bit more humor than most traditional Disney fairy tales, but still a great story, several very tender moments, and a great new addition to the league of Disney princesses. Seriously, go see it!
82. A bit off this Thanksgiving-break pattern, but black shirts. Who doesn't look great in a solid, long-sleeved black shirt?
83. Wifi
84. Board games
85. Good books. I'm reading Shades of Grey right now by Jasper Fforde and it's a thinker.
86. Our military men. I've mentioned American Freedom, but it wouldn't be right not to be thankful for the men and women who honor and defend it. My father-in-law is one of them.
87. My adorable nephew. He really is lots of fun. And I'm thankful that he likes me.
88. My cat Princess. I'm still sad that she's gone and has been for over a year, but I love remembering how much like a guard dog she was and what a great addition she was to our family for 18 years.
89. My awesome family. I love being all together laughing, telling stories, exchanging memories, and being ourselves.
90. The Christmas season begins tonight at sundown! (as is tradition). And no, I haven't been tempted to think about it until the appropriate time. I'm a stickler.
91. People that understand me when I talk too fast.
92. Accessible pianos. I really miss playing.
93. My ability to keep jewelry for years and years.
94. Fancy cameras and people who have them.
95. Getting two Thanksgiving dinners in one day. One with my my in-laws this afternoon and another one with my family tonight. A lot of calories, but they don't count today, right? Plus, the food is SOO GOOD.
96. Getting to help cook Thanksgiving dinner. I've actually never participated in the immense task of cooking it and I felt honored to help.
97. Running my first 5k this morning in McDonough!! I didn't do too bad either: 36 minutes, which is better than I was expecting. I might have to do more 5k's!
98. Warm weather in Georgia. The air felt amazing this morning in the race and I love not having to wear a coat when I go outside.
99.That after several years of being apart and several more starting next year, we had this great opportunity to share Thanksgiving with my whole family.
100. Finally, I'm thankful for this month-long challenge that has taught me to look on the bright side and be aware of all the blessings I have and so often take for granted.


Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. So I found your recent blog stuff. And loved it! Like having a nice chat with you, even without you. Which is, I suppose, the point. I'll keep checking back! See you Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete