Monday, December 5, 2011

In December

Behold! A post not entirely about babies!

In my middle school chorus years ago we sang this sweet song called "In December" for one of our Christmas concerts. Of course, it's one of those pieces only written for such choirs so I can't find it anywhere to hear it, it's only in my head. But for some reason I've never forgotten it and think of it every year. The last line of the chorus goes, "In December, we remember all the joy that love can bring." Because it has been stuck in my head for a week, it's message has also been stuck in my head.

I love this time of year. I love how it brings families, friends, and even strangers together. I love how we turn our attention and our lives more fully to the Savior. I love driving around after dark admiring the Christmas lights everywhere and thinking how it symbolizes that He is the Light and the Life of the world; how His love lights up the darkness. That's the joy the song was talking about.

1 comment: