Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beware of corniness

I have a love-hate relationship with a lot of things right now.

1. Work. I love my new job and I love doing marketing, but after months of being sick and working only part-time I forgot how tiring it is to work full-time, even when half of it is spent doing what I went to college to do. It also doesn't help that I'm not actually working full-time at one location. I have two part-time jobs, so my lunch break is spent driving 30 minutes to job number 2, then I have to log in and mentally shift gears. It does provide a nice break in my day, however, and makes the day seem a little bit quicker. But, then again I have two sets of company policies and job descriptions, two sets of bosses, and two sets of things to stress about. Can you see where I'm going with this?

2. Party-planning. Not as a whole, but certain aspects, like how my blog has become somewhat of another job. Rather than just doing whatever creative I want to do whenever, I sort of have deadlines now as well as an image to uphold and clients to create inspiration boards for. I know, I shouldn't be complaining since this is just where I hoped things would go and I'm very grateful, I'm just very tired these days.

3. The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure. No real need to explain the love-hate relationship here; it's hokey, over dramatic, and totally contrived....but somehow it's addicting.

4. Working out. It de-stresses me like almost nothing else, yet I'm so tired at the end of the day (and I mean tired) that I just can't bring myself to change, drive to the gym, power through a session on the dreadmill or almost anything else. I truly love working out, and I hate that I never have the energy to do it, so I love relaxing at the end of the day, but hate that I'm not doing myself any favors physically.

One thing I don't have a love-hate relationship with: Samuel. He is nothing but 100% supportive of me, my passions, my dreams, my and my obnoxious quirks.

Julia Child had Paul.....

....Queen Victoria had Albert,

...and I have him.

Yes, I just used current movie examples of historical figures, and yes, I will always be this corny about the man I married. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment