Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Highlights

Looking forward to this new year, I wanted to share some highlights (and lowlights) of 2010.
  • We started out the year with a month of back-to-back colds and then I continued to stay sick with something digestive for several months until the spring. After several doctors, lots of tests, being destitute because I could hardly work, and a good amount of despair and hopelessness, it was determined that I had a screwy gallbladder. (That's the most simple way of putting it.) Meds and changing my diet helped slowly get me better. I had one more attack in July, but I've been healthy ever since! P.S. That was a really condensed version of this terrible period of my life, just FYI.
  • In May I accepted my current job at a dental marketing firm as a marketing and project manager! And I got to leave Comcast! I've learned and grown so much from this opportunity, about how to handle responsibility and how to manage, and I'm excited to see where the next year will take me.
  • In August we traveled to Georgia for my family's annual vacation to Destin, Florida. We spent some time in Georgia, and then a week relaxing on the beach, shopping, eating some great seafood, and even spending a day at our favorite water park right across from the Gulf: Big Kahuna! Sam and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary with my family, and traveled back by road trip to bring a new car out to Utah.
  • In the summer we were also called as Ward Activities Co-chairs and were busy busy busy planning activities every month through the summer, fall, and into December. We've also learned a great deal from this chance to serve and really enjoyed having a calling that we could work on together.
  • Ross came out to BYU as a freshman this year and we've loved spending time with him almost every week. I'm glad that he'll be here for winter semester too.
  • Sam plowed through more school and we're excited that he'll be done this year!
(This is sounding a lot like a Christmas card, isn't it? Well, I didn't send them this year, so I guess this will have to count.) Overall, I'm thrilled to get past a year of growth on to all the big and wonderful things planned for 2011. It's gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment