Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Basketball and Memories

I should start by saying just how much of a creature of nostalgia I am. I love looking back at days gone by and seeing where my life has taken me. The other night my thoughts were taken back to my silly school-girl days in Young Women's. I remember how every week we would all find our way into the church gym to watch the boys playing basketball after our weeknight youth activity was over. Every week. Since our interaction with boys at the age of 13 was pretty minimal, it was a big deal. It's funny to think how disconnected we where from each other at that tender age.

The other night I had these thoughts as I sat in the basketball court at the gym, watching my Samuel play. For a moment I remembered what it felt like to be 13 again, insecure, ignorant, just waiting for "life" to happen....and certainly not expecting those boys to notice I was there. And I loved looking at my Samuel confidently run down the court, shooting 3's, and thinking how that hunk of burnin' love is not some cute boy playing basketball, he's my best friend and my husband. And then he turned and smiled at me. Funny to think that I married one of those basketball boys.

On another note: veggie omelets for dinner with whole-wheat nutella toast for dessert reminds me why dieting doesn't have to be horrible. In fact it can be kind of nice.

1 comment:

  1. This brings back so many memories! I married one of those basketball guys, too. Just not one from my home! :)

    ReplyDelete