Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow Day, Sick Day

Don't you love Martha's design? The woman could create serenity from a pile of logs. This image reminded me of my old room in my parents' house - soothing turquoise walls, white down comforter, and an open window to let in all that delicious light.

Today I'm enjoying some much-needed serenity....and recuperation from yet another winter's cold. This one took immediate residence in my lungs. Despite feeling pretty yucky, it's been rather peaceful day. Sam's been home with me since his morning classes, and earlier we watched the snowflakes fall like a snow globe and cover the landscape again in a white wonderland. I napped, I read, I coughed, I napped again, put some chicken taco soup in the crock pot for a hot, low-maintenance dinner, and then blogged. If only all winter days could be so cozy. Well, except for the sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment