Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Homemade Valentine's

A bit late, but here's a recap of our Lovers' Holiday:

So, since being married, we've never gone out to celebrate Valentine's Day. Last year was a Sunday and a pretty destitute time, then the year before that our car was broken down AND we were snowed in. That being said, we've really gotten accustomed to a spending it at home (we quite enjoy it actually), and Sam always does a great job making it special. Maybe one day when we have kiddos at home we'll go out, but for now I like our tradition.

I woke up early before work to finish his "love chain" (reasons why I love him on strips of paper formed into hearts and linked together in a chain), make him lunch to take to school, and set out his box of Godiva chocolate. When I got home from work, we had already started dinner and waiting for me were 6 long-stemmed roses and some fun cake decorating tools I've been wanting.


We worked together to finish our delicious, candle-lit steak dinner while being serenaded by Sinatra, 

and later enjoyed some divine ganache-brownie-cake.


The evening was a little short-lived (thanks, Biology homework), but it's fine by me, because I have a handsome Valentine and plenty of reasons to be romantic all year-round. That's the great thing about love: you don't have to save it all for Valentine's Day! (You can hear that song, "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day" can't you? You're welcome.)

P.S. Here's a little gem of an idea for next year's decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment