Saturday, June 11, 2011

Side-sleeping, Kneader's, and Stitches

I have a little problem: I can't stop thinking about my baby girl. I love feeling her squirm around inside me, hanging out on my right side like she's done for weeks, and wondering if she'll be as fun and active when she arrives. I can't get enough of her ultrasound video that I watch every day maybe more than once, trying to soak up whatever personality an unborn child could have and loving her so very much already.

One thing I don't love, though, is side-sleeping. How is it that the way I always sleep before pregnancy can suddenly be so uncomfortable? All I want to do is sleep on my back!! The couch has never looked so appealing at bedtime.

This post is turning out to be really random. Oh well. The weekend so far:

1. Cleaning the whole apartment on Friday night, which I LOVE to do now and get out of the way. Nothing like starting the weekend with a clean house, laundry done, and shopping list made.
2. Breakfast at Kneader's on Saturday - ooooooh my goodness! Best french toast in existence. It was as good as I've heard.
3. Back to the ER to get out Sam's stitches. Oh yeah, did you know Sam was in the ER Monday night? An elbow to the cheek in basketball left him with an inch-long gash, a black eye, and 6 stitches. That was a fun phone call to get from the gym. Another reason I'm really glad we're having a girl.


4. Use our coupons/living social deal to see "Super 8" for 1/3 the price and buy-one-get-one-free frozen yogurt. We're getting a little obsessed with coupon sites, but hey, they facilitate more dates. :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Ugh - sleeping while pregnant is the WORST. I actually got really used to side-sleeping, though, and now it's hard for me to sleep on my stomach.(which is what I did ALL the time pre-pregnancy)

    2. Kneaders french toast....YUM. I'm so glad you went. Now don't you wish you tried it before now?

    3. Stitches - ew. I'm sorry, Sam.

    4. We're obsessed with coupon sites, too! Our last date was just like that. Cheap movie, cheap meal. It's seriously the way to go!

    5. I won't be in GA the same time as you! boooooo. I think almost everyone is coming after I leave. :(

    ReplyDelete