Thursday, November 17, 2011

The One-Armed Life

 Rocking the wet hair. No point in hiding reality from you.
I think I'm getting the hang of this mom thing. I think, no matter how much advice you hear, it comes down to just figuring it out yourself - like driving stick-shift or leaning to water-ski. The trick is to do it.

Some days are easier than others, though I've managed to shower, get dressed, and even put on a little makeup every day this week before noon. I hear that's pretty good progress for having a child this age and it certainly helps me feel more human. Getting work done is a different story, though, as I really have a hard time staying focused while she's awake, not to mention typing with one hand is a little challenging. Then, when she finally does go down, I'm left with a very short window during which I can do anything else, including pick up, make myself lunch, or catch up on sleep. Amazing how I can stay inside all day and still not have enough time in the day.

BUT.......look at that sweet face. How could she not be worth it? (A sample of her newborn photos, courtesy of my friend Monica. I can't wait to get the rest!)

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful even with wet hair! And of course she's worth whatever it takes to raise her -- just like you were/are worth it to me!

    ReplyDelete