Sunday, April 18, 2010

Life lately...

Ok, ok, so I'm a work in progress. I've been busy with so much these last few months I didn't even realize how much I've neglected my blog which I've only just started! So to update you since my last post: I worked as a Communications intern at the Springville Museum of Art last Summer through the Fall while finishing my last classes and FINALLY graduated from BYU in December! That was an unexpectedly anticlimactic experience as I walked in Commencement last April (only to start Spring classes the very next week), went to Convocation in August when I finished my last classes, then finally got my diploma in the mail at the end of the year when I completed my internship. I'm very relieved to have graduated, I just didn't expect it to be such a long process. :) Since the new year I've just been working full time and continuing the futile search for a "big girl" job that I'll have for at least a year since Sam has one year left at BYU. He took the MCAT today and felt really good about it - SO PROUD!
As excited as I am about all of these new changes -being a graduate, Sam and I will be married 2 years in August, Med School, starting my own party inspiration blog (more on that later), getting a new job, etc., my spirits have been dampened somewhat in the last few months as I have been strangely sick with something doctors have still been unable to diagnose. It all started at Christmastime when Sam and I traded colds from the last week of finals until about the end of January. It was weird, because you think that one is going to get sick, then the other one, then when you've both had it and healed it's gone. Not so for us. I still don't know if it was a different cold strain that we just kept giving each other every time - we like each other, ok? :) - but all I know is that one or both of us had a cold constantly for a month......it sucked. Talk about a great way to start the new year! Finally "Cold Tag" ended, Sam stayed better, but I continued to have episodes of extreme fatigue, lightheadedness, headaches, and lots of tummy problems - all often debilitating. After multiple trips to BYU's Health Center, a private doctor in Orem, and lots of tests they still don't know what's keeping me sick. The test have been good and bad since it feels good to now know about all the bad things that I don't have, but just makes it more difficult to figure out what I really do. I have pretty much been unable to work full-time since February (since I have good days and bad days) and I'm sure friends in our ward think we've fallen off the face of the planet, but it has certainly taught me a good dose of faith and an appreciation for health. I'm grateful, because I know things could be much worse, I've had amazing support from friends and family, and a daily knowledge that all things are in the Lord's hands. Up next is a test on my gallbladder, which may or may not reveal that it has to be surgically removed (not really a fan of that option), but I'm optimistic. Speaking of optimism, I kind of like the idea of a daily gratitude post. I'll have to really commit to that one. I really didn't intend to get so deep in this post as it's only my second one, but it does feel good to get it out there. For those just tuning in, welcome to my world! And keep checking back for a link to my party blog!
Loves,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment