Friday, April 30, 2010

The third best day of my life

It was more than just a beautiful spring day at the end of April or the first week of my summer break. Two years ago today my Samuel came home from his mission. It's amazing how fast a mission goes by when you're not paying attention - and how eternally slow it goes when you are. It's weird to look back at those two years and to think there was a time when I couldn't remember what it was like to have him by my side or what his laugh sounded like, but during those two years I couldn't remember a time when I could.

No pictures were taken the day he actually came home - I will forever regret this - so some mission pictures will have to do. Our reunion was just inside Chile's where I was meeting his family for dinner (not exactly the movie moment I spent two years anticipating), but it's amazing how little I cared in that moment. It was like the last scene in August Rush. It exemplified the quote "life isn't about the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away". I'm still that cheesy about it. It's been a great two years since.

No comments:

Post a Comment