Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back from Vacation: Part 1

Minus a few hiccups (and more than a few hiccups in baby girl's case), the last week and a half has been a dream come true. We flew into Georgia last Thursday night. Our bag was lost in Atlanta as all the baggage from our flight was mixed up in Denver, and I ended up wearing the same outfit I came in for my baby shower the next day, but it all worked out.

After getting in, we went straight to the movie theater for a double feature of Harry Potter 7 Part 1 & 2 with Sam's family. It was a lot of sitting, but really cool to have the first part fresh in my mind for the midnight showing of Part 2, which more than lived up to my expectations. It was amazing! All the cheering and clapping throughout the theater also made it much more exciting. It really was a great way to end the series.

We then got home at 2:30 am. That was a long day.

Friday was my baby shower that some wonderful friends of our family threw for me. It felt a lot like a reunion and I loved seeing so many familiar faces! I cried when I walked in, because it was so beautiful and evident that so much work had gone in. They planned a Shabby Chic/Antique theme down to the last detail.
Baby rattle cupcakes!
Jennifer with my new precious niece (and baby girl's future best friend), Elise.
 With Stephanie and Carson!
So many cute clothes! This girl already has a better wardrobe than me!
All the Wilcox girls.
My wonderful hostesses. Thank you Laree, Cindy, and Michelle for all your hard work! It was a wonderful afternoon and I feel so blessed for all the love that baby girl is being welcomed into.

That night we went with Sam's family to the Braves game, which also happened to be their 10,000th franchise win. We loved getting to do the tomahawk chop and cheer for our Braves live for the first time in many years.

 Go Braves!
 
More about our vacation and our week at the beach to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment