Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th or the Day I Miss Georgia the Most

Oooooooh Georgia. I can't wait to be back next week! Fireflies (aka Lightning Bugs), cicadas, golf cart rides, "bless you's" and "hey y'all's", muggy evenings, pine trees, family - it's heaven on earth.

Fourth of July 2007 - the last time I celebrated it in Peachtree City.

 
Every year I ache to be here, sitting on our golf cart by the lake with thousands of other southern families, eating our fried chicken, playing games, and watching the sun go down before the big fireworks show. All my family is there now enjoying this day together. One day we'll be there again too.

As for our 4th, it's been pretty good. We made blueberry pancakes this morning, then I read, did some online shopping for a maternity swimsuit, then we enjoyed the warm evening weather grilling outside (and invented a new patriotic dessert: strawberry shortcake napoleons.
Then we totally forgot to light sparklers as our day-of fireworks (since Provo decided to have the Stadium of Fire show 2 days before the actual holiday. Explain that one to me.) Either way, Happy Independence Day to all!

The next big thing on the agenda is the MCAT Wednesday. I know Sam will do great, he's been studying his brains out for 4 months, but prayers are still appreciated as every little bit helps. :)

1 comment: