Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nesting

I can't say that lately I've had the ridiculous urge to clean and organize my house....because I ALWAYS have the ridiculous urge to clean and organize my house. I'm kind of a freak about it. if I went through a pregnancy version of it at any point, I didn't notice.

But the last few days I've definitely been feeling a mental nesting, if you will. Like a sort of urgency make sure everything on my to-do list is ready and that all my plans are in place before time runs out:

- pre-register at the hospital
- make sure all my office work is moved to my home computer and all maternity leave assignments have been delegated and reviewed
- decorate for Halloween
- get my manicure and pedicure scheduled for this week (so excited!!)
- go on a nice date with Sam
- have at least a few days at home sans work to read, rest up, go for walks, do a final deep cleaning of the apartment, etc. 

I think if she wanted to come next week or later, I would be totally fine. That would give me a few days grace period to accomplish all the above. But strange as it sounds this far along, I hope it's not sooner. What am I saying?? Watch me go into labor tonight.... or not.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeek! It's coming!

    So, before Henry came Kevin and I would "go out" as much as possible. Whether it was walks or dinner, it didn't matter. It was so funny...Henry came two weeks late, so we ended up going on a lot of dates, saying, "This could be our last date just the two of us!" Enjoy the last few days with Sam! Soon little girl will be here. Oh, I'm so excited for you!!

    p.s. Cami had her baby already - like a week ago or two or something - and I've always clumped you two together to have babies around the same time. So you better have it soon!

    ReplyDelete