Saturday, October 1, 2011

What a Weekend

I love to see the temple, I'm definitely going here someday.

When this happened, it was evident to me that the Provo Tabernacle was a sacred and special place. I can't wait to see it as Provo's SECOND temple. Tears accompanied this announcement, you can be sure.

Some other highlights from General Conference:

- I shouldn't feel ashamed or guilty about starting our family before we have a house, a solid career, or other "prerequisites" that the world tells me we need, because I remember now why I felt like this was the right thing for us. We're making a righteous choice and it's ok that we don't have a "fancy nursery or a designer crib" as Elder Andersen put it so well. Even the Savior himself came into the world in a lowly stable. Little Alexis will start with more than that. She will of course have all her needs met, an eternal family to be welcomed into, and all the love in the world. Really, what else matters?

- Being busy does not necessarily equate to being productive. Am I spending my precious time (that I seem to use up so quickly every day) on that which matters most? Food for thought.

-  "It's better to look up." - President Monson. What a clever, eternally cheerful, and inspired man to give us all such great advice when we want to hang our heads.

Really, I just loved all of it. Can't wait for more tomorrow. Conference, fall coming, baby coming. Seriously, could October be a better month?!

1 comment:

  1. Yay yay yay conference! We had to miss the first session (we were driving up to Kevin's parent's house), but we'll be watching tomorrow. Anyway, the second session was amazing! I've never heard a talk like Elder Anderson's before. So blunt, and directed towards mothers. I loved it. It really made me think because a lot of time I feel "guilty" that I just play with Henry all day and don't get too much done otherwise. But that's how I'm SUPPOSED to spend my time. DUH. Anyway, I can't wait to hear today's talks.

    ReplyDelete