Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still Waiting

Sorry my posts are kind of one-note these days. You know that feeling when you've run out of excitement? How you spend so much energy anticipating Christmas coming all year that by Christmas Eve you're sort of spent and almost numb to the reality of it? I think I'm at that point. I feel like it's never going to end at that I might as well give up being excited too, because I just don't have the energy for it anymore. It's a weird feeling. 

I think it goes without saying that there's still nothing to report. I had some pretty painful contractions off and on last week, but they've mostly subsided now. Why things would slow down at this point is beyond me. I'm still measuring ahead and on track for an Oct. 22nd due date, but I'm still in the record books as Oct. 29th, meaning that if she's stubborn and doesn't want to come, I wouldn't be induced for another 3 WEEKS!! Oh boy. On the agenda this week: get in 20 hours of work, finish her costume, and walk as far as my little swollen feet will allow me. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some castor oil?

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. She'll come and then you'll get all excited again. You know, if you can sum up the energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ekk! Stay away from the castor oil. Walk (as much as you can), drink red raspberry leaf tea, eat spicy food & pineapple and take evening primrose oil. I remember all too well what you're going through - praying it ends soon and your little girl is in your arms without an induction! Pitocin is the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going natural yeah pitocin is pretty bad because it goes straight to hard contractions, but if you are getting an epidural it's not bad at all! Getting induced makes the labor go faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo! A classic!

    ReplyDelete