Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 1: I'm Thankful For...

As part of a challenge in Relief Society to name 100 things I'm grateful for, I plan to post 25 each Thursday until Thanksgiving. I think I like 25 things in 4 weeks more than just one thing every day, plus it means having to think up four times more things I'm thankful for! It's an interesting challenge that I'm excited to take on. Here goes. I'm thankful for:

1. A comfortable place to call home
2. Coming home every day to my Samuel
3. Being married forever to him
4. A good job. I always describe it as a "high-stress job in a low-stress environment," but it's so true
5. Freedoms as an American
6. The Gospel
7. Having a temple so close by
8. The beauty of God's creations
9. Trials and suffering that help us grow and make us appreciate life
10. My red hair (which has never been colored and still gets lots of compliments)
11. Good food...and being able to make it :)
12. My family
13. Being perfectly confident about singing in public
14. Making new friends
15. Never missing a year at the beach to see the ocean and walk through the surf
16. Having a party blog. I thought about it and thought about it, finally did it with Sam's encouragement, and I love it. It's not huge, but I actually have a few followers!
17. That God always answers my prayers. Even if I'm not always looking for that answer or if it's not quite when I expect, He ALWAYS does.
18. The knowledge that it's obviously important that I learn about project management as I've been doing a lot of it in my job lately, and an awful lot of it in our calling.
19. The comforting rhythm of seasons and holidays
20. A car
21. Martha Stewart.com 
22. My gym membership 
23. Being from the South
24. My degree in Advertising from BYU
25. Music. Actually, art in all it's forms.

And more to come next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It's incredible to stop and start listing blessings--it's just overwhelming to recognize how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete