Saturday, November 20, 2010

ZUMBA

I've heard its praises for awhile. It always sounded intriguing. I just starting doing it. I can't believe what I was missing.


I'd love to go to classes, but the only times they're offered at the gym here are when I'm at work. I guess I could buy the DVD's, I'm just cheap. Fortunately, I discovered this little gem on YouTube. Search for "Hickory Zumba" and you'll find 15 or 20 choreographed videos that also incorporate some hip-hop that an instructor in North Carolina has posted. Awesome! It takes a bit longer to figure out the moves without someone showing you step-by-step, (and I've realized in the process just how uncoordinated I am), but it's SO FUN! Being able to enjoy your cardio workout is so much more effective.

This is the first one I learned.

2 comments:

  1. Eeek! I have been wanting to try zumba forever! This is SUCH a good idea, thanks so much for sharing! I'm so going to try, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH.MY.GOSH.
    I'm freaking in love! I've heard about it for a long time, too, but I have never actually seen it! My ward in Chicago was talking about setting up weekly Zumba classes right before we moved, and now I'm so upset I've missed out! I think I just found my get-back-in-shape exercise for next summer! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete